SSI & DIDs
- TYPE: Combined Session DATE: Thursday, May 16, 2019 TIME: 17:00-18:00 LOCATION: CHIEMSEE
As the groundswell around the Self-Sovereign Identity (SSI) movement grows, it's important to consider what impacts it may have on existing businesses that want to adopt and support this new model of dealing with Identity. This talk will walk through the identity life-cycle at a relying party and discuss impacts and changes necessary to support SSI identities.
- How the SSI model differs from current practice for Relying Parties
- Decisions Relying Parties should consider
- Steps Relying Parties can take to prepare for these differences
Decentralized Identifiers (DIDs) are a key building block of the emerging Self-Sovereign Identity (SSI) ecosystem. They are a new kind of identifier: Persistent, cryptographically verifiable, resolvable, and of course decentralized, i.e. independent of any central authority or intermediary. In this talk we will explore how DIDs function internally, how they can get registered and resolved, and how they can be used for authentication purposes (DID Auth). The talk will also give an update on the current state of standardization and implementation of DIDs.
- Registration fee:
- Contact person:
Mr. Levent Kara
+49 211 23707710
- May 14 - 17, 2019 Munich, Germany
The European Identity & Cloud Conference 2019 is proud to present a large number of partners
How can we help you