- TYPE: Expert Talk DATE: Wednesday, May 15, 2019 TIME: 15:30-16:30 LOCATION: WINTERGARTEN
Digital citizenship, are we there yet? Yes and no. Digital Services are increasingly influencing our daily life. Regardless if we log into our company IT systems, if we order lunch online or buy presents for Christmas.
Just to name a few. Booking travel, leasing or renting cars, checking the bank account are just a few more.
One is for all in common. We have to struggle with separated accounts across all platforms and services.
A minority of services supports nowadays account consolidation, not to talk about Identities and centralized login procedures.
We as the users of digital platforms of any kind for any purpose are individuals. Therefore should we be treated as a digital individual.
On the other hand is a risk given to overwhelm those, who are not dedicated to the ID industry or are not ID Professionals.
Any new and fancy technology should be implemented and kinky Identity trends instantly followed? Has the scare factor been considered for the unaware users?
What are useful trends and use cases for consolidated accounts, sovereign identities?
Dirk Wahlefeld will outline the future diversion of Identity from Access and touches on some more aspects, e.g. the necessity of standards and the influence of identity to other technological trends.
He will take you on a review of the Identity journey, where it comes from (even not named Identity Management back then), gives a glance overview about today’s situation and tries to predict the future with you.
This hopefully interactive presentation is addressed to those who are interested in the context about how Identity Management was, today is as it is, and looking forward to what the future might bring.
1. Understand the past to stand the future. Where does Identity come from, where will it lead to?
2. Overcome the current Identity & Access Model. Be prepared for a new paradigm.
3. What are the key take aways and cornerstones for the success of new projects, solutions and technologies in Identity?
To achieve a certain goal, we should have a plan, or at least a general concept and idea on how we do see the world / current situation. For Identity Management, this is not different. But what is our current concept of identity look like? And is it sufficient for all the upcomming or expected challenges?
Understanding hybridity as an identity management concept.
Ever tried to deploy a legacy, on-premise ID management solution? They are hard to deploy and even harder to upgrade and maintain. Cloud-based solutions are no picnic either. In addition to their lack of security and shared resources like memory and data, costs for licensing and maintenance can make cloud-based solutions cumbersome and a resource drain.
If you could remove the resource strain, improve security, integrate back-office systems while saving costs, wouldn't it make sense to at least take a peek at the possibilities?
In this informative session, learn why your security measures may be flawed and what can be done to fix it:
- Understand the challenges of today's on-premise and cloud-based architectures
- How containers may be used to resolve several cloud-based issues on the market today
- How and why to create a "Cloud-first" strategy when looking at next-generation ID management solutions
- Discover the hidden cost of on-premise solutions and how to use your cost savings to make your IT staff a profit center.
- Registration fee:
- Contact person:
Mr. Levent Kara
+49 211 23707710
- May 14 - 17, 2019 Munich, Germany