The Role of Roles in Compliance – A Practical Approach
- TYPE: Workshop DATE: Friday, April 25, 2008 TIME: 14:00-15:30 LOCATION: Galaxis
Enterprise role management is quickly becoming a critical technology for enabling organizations to verify and enforce regulatory policies and to audit the effectiveness of internal controls over user access. But due to complexity and marketplace confusion, many companies struggle to find an approach that delivers practical and timely results.
This workshop is designed to help technical leaders adopt a pragmatic strategy for managing roles as part of a successful governance, risk management, and compliance initiative. SailPoint’s Chief Technology Officer, Darran Rolls, will provide an in-depth look at role management concepts and technologies. And, he’ll offer recommendations that can help organizations achieve practical benefits with roles. Points of discussion include:
- Introduction: What is role management?
- Business drivers and use cases for role management
- Where do roles fit in the world of compliance?
- How do compliance roles relate to provisioning roles?
- How useful is the NIST RBAC model?
- Real-world deployment issues:
- Engaging the business user in the process
- Achieving flexibility, usability, and ease of deployment
- Role model interoperability
- Future directions for role concepts and technologies
Workshop participants will gain the theoretical and practical knowledge they need to develop clear action plans for tackling role management in their organizations and to determine the most appropriate approach for the needs of their identity infrastructure and compliance objectives.
- Registration fee:
- Contact person:
Ms. Bettina Buthmann
+49 211 23 70 77 23
- Apr 22 - 25, 2008 Munich
The European Identity Conference 2008 is proud to present a large number of partners
How can we help you