- TYPE: Combined Session DATE: Thursday, May 17, 2018 TIME: 15:30-16:30 LOCATION: AMMERSEE I
The purpose of this talk will be to explore the ideologies of consent in a digital context, about when should Forgiveness or Approval be used as an appropriate consent method. Specifically, when a third party needs permission to use/ has used your data and what this means for company cultures and values. The talk will also look at how a layered consent model is needed and what that means for customer experiance
- what consent means in a digital world
- they type of culture and values which are needed to build trust
- what layered consent is and how is can be implemented
Privacy and data protection laws allow for collection and processing of an individual’s personal information given proper notice and consent. Consent to process data is a powerful justification in regulations such as GDPR: it can be used to enrich the user experience and remove doubt about intent. However, there is currently no broadly-accepted standard for management of consent in online systems. The Kantara Initiative Consent Management Solutions Work Group is gathering current practices from leading organizations to create a useful toolkit and guide for organizations wishing to implement best current practice for consent management.
- Work Group findings to help inform organizational policy leaders on practices from a wide range of contributors;
- benefits and drawbacks to reliance on user consent;
- requirements for consent management from specific regulations
This panel session will bring together legal and technical experts, together with digital business representatives to discuss the changes in guidance pointing towards Contract and away from Consent. The panel will discuss various use case examples that support the use of Contract vs the use of Consent as lawful bases for processing personal data. The panel will then discuss the range of tools and options available to implement them.
- The pros and cons of Contract vs Consent vs as a lawful basis for processing;
- use case examples that can be applied to their businesses to determine which characteristics to look for to assist in making choice;
- an insight into the tools and options available to implement Contract and Consent respectively.
- Registration fee:
- Contact person:
Mr. Levent Kara
+49 211 23707710
- May 15 - 18, 2018 Munich, Germany
The European Identity & Cloud Conference 2018 is proud to present a large number of partners
How can we help you