Privacy & AI
- TYPE: Combined Session DATE: Thursday, May 17, 2018 TIME: 14:30-15:30 LOCATION: AMMERSEE II
Privacy Challenges with Conversational Interfaces
Technologies, such as chat bots, artificial intelligence and data mining enable personalized customer journeys: But how to achieve a balance between customer profiling and data protection?
Since marketing automation systems are used by more and more companies, most marketeers are keen on extensively collecting prospect and customer oriented data: A perfect basis for measurement and optimization of marketing success.
Conversational interfaces, such as chat bots, tempt users to reveal personal data to receive desired information or obtain a certain benefit. The given information might be highly interesting for marketing purposes. AI enables profile building, predictive marketing and many other insights based on data analyses.
GDPR will affect data processing in such scenarios. This presentation evaluates how GDPR and smart marketing technologies fit together, how to make the best of it, and master typical challenges, based on the example of a chat bot:
- Processing personal data requires consent, no matter whether classic HTML contact forms, chat bots or other types of interfaces are used.
- Smart and user-friendly consent mechanisms may lead to a higher acceptance.
- Consent per purpose: Granularity of purposes must be considered, and may affect data processing within an integrated customer journey.
- Profile building: Highly interesting for marketing purposes, but regulated by GDPR.
- Anonymize data or ensure privacy by default/design to facilitate data processing for further purposes, such as
- machine learning (e.g. improving conversational capabilities of a chat bot)
- Use of cloud solutions – and therefore involved third parties (controllers, processors, joint controllership).
Apart from data protection issues, there remains a key question: Technical gadget or added value? Which conversational interfaces lead to sustainable marketing success?
- Registration fee:
- Contact person:
Mr. Levent Kara
+49 211 23707710
- May 15 - 18, 2018 Munich, Germany