Managing Identites at Scale
- TYPE: Combined Session DATE: Thursday, May 17, 2018 TIME: 12:00-13:00 LOCATION: AMMERSEE II
The outdated myth that a single human being controls a single account on your Internet service is no longer adequate to understand who is using your system for which purpose. We model identity in three tiers. The "group" tier includes households, families, companies, and other social circles of people who are connected in some way. The "human being" tier is our best-guess, frequently-changing approximation of the human being that may be using our system at the moment. The "account" tier is the user account that was used to authenticate this user. In this talk we explain how some of these approximations are currently inferred, and which behaviors give insights into probabilities associated with the probabilities / weights of each inferred link.
- Offering several users per household-account (e.g. Amazon, Netflix, GMX) will never guarantee that several people do not share accounts. One human or group can control several accounts on your system, possibly thousands.
- Behaviors can infer demographics and psychographics more accurately than self-identified information in a profile.
- Enormous cultural differences among different regions of the world prevent the use of a single trust / risk model for the users of your system
By recent identity flood, end-users in organizations do not wish to have additional identities(especially username and password) for their companies or universities anymore. This makes them to reduce their end-user satisfactions and royalities and sometimes make them to use shadow IT which may have security risk for the organizations.
In addition, for many organizations e-mail is not suitable communicating tool anymore especially for younger age, because they are used to use social network tools like twitter/facebook to communicate each other.
But in the same time, it is true that IT admins are still required to manage employees' or students' identities in organizations for internal audit and security.
In this talk, I would like introduce possibilities to solve this dilemma for organizations by BYOID(Bring Your Own Identities) with CIAM technologies with some demo using Microsoft Azure Active Directory B2C.
- Best practice for managing BYOID in organizations.
- How to improve end-user satisfaction by reducing pair of username and password.
- Next generation communication in organization with social network tools.
- Registration fee:
- Contact person:
Mr. Levent Kara
+49 211 23707710
- May 15 - 18, 2018 Munich, Germany
The European Identity & Cloud Conference 2018 is proud to present a large number of partners
How can we help you