Analytics & Automation
- TYPE: Combined Session DATE: Thursday, May 17, 2018 TIME: 11:00-12:00 LOCATION: AMMERSEE I
For every bank, pharmaceutical or manufacturer, for every highly-regulated company IAM is a crucial part of regulatory compliance. Just think regulations such as SOX or the upcoming GDPR.
The resulting management processes involve many people throughout the organization, including line managers, application owners, compliance managers and risk managers.
However, from many of our customers we hear that while these people often perfectly understand what to pay attention to on the level of the business, access management instead works with technical roles, entitlements and permissions.
As a result, line managers now don't get the question whether their team members should still be able to view financial information, but whether they should still have role BR32004. Even worse, risk and compliance managers now have to dig their way through thousands of roles for tens of thousands of employees.
This situation leads to a lot of frustration, wastes a lot of time and money, it hurts security and it risks these companies from losing compliance.
While this situation is commonplace in many companies, it doesn't have to be.
By cleverly applying modern technologies such as data analytics to IAM, we can step away from overly-technical access management to access management that the business understands.
This enables the business to finally take up their IAM responsibilities, and can have IAM evolve from a necessary evil to an efficient business enabler while remaining secure and in control.
Taking it a step further, these technologies even enable to automate and drastically speed up compliance checks for IAM, and move from detective access management to preventative access management in which companies are continuously in control, continuously secure and continuously compliant.
- Current IAM tools aim to involve the business, but the business is having a hard time taking up it's responsibilities.
- Linking data already available in the company to the technical groundwork of IAM can help the business to take up their IAM responsibilities and can have IAM evolve from a necessary evil to and efficient business enabler while remaining secure and in control.
- Technology such as data analytics has to potential to automate and drastically speed up compliance checks for IAM, and even move from detective access management to preventative access management.
- Registration fee:
- Contact person:
Mr. Levent Kara
+49 211 23707710
- May 15 - 18, 2018 Munich, Germany