- TYPE: Expert Talk DATE: Wednesday, May 16, 2018 TIME: 11:00-12:00 LOCATION: WINTER GARDEN
Evolution of security perimeter. Why IAM is becoming the last Frontier
The traditional security perimeter is proving to no longer be an effective cyber security control and fast growing technologies, such as cloud, mobile and virtualization make the boundaries of an organization blurry.
For many years, organizations have protected their valuable and sensitive information by building a fence around assets, and all of the data that flowed in and out was either via a single internet access point or on physical devices. This meant that a traditional perimeter was an effective measure as the boundaries were known. As long as the internet access was controlled by the data that flowed through it, it was possible to protect, monitor and control that data.
Organizations protected internet access with firewalls, VPNs, access controls, IDS, IPS, SIEMs, email gateways, and so forth, building multiple levels of security on the so-called perimeter. On physical devices, systems management and antivirus protected those systems and kept them updated with the latest security patches.
This is a traditional security approach, used for nearly 30 years. However, in today’s world it is no longer effective alone. The perimeter has moved and we need to move with it.
During this session, attendees will learn about how identity and access management is evolving fast and becoming the new security perimeter.
- Why the traditional perimeter is no longer effective
- What hacker techniques are being used to compromise organizations
- What some governments are doing to protect their citizens
- Technologies that will help create the new cyber security perimeter
- Registration fee:
- Contact person:
Mr. Levent Kara
+49 211 23707710
- May 15 - 18, 2018 Munich, Germany