CIAM Best Practice
- TYPE: Combined Session DATE: Wednesday, May 10, 2017 TIME: 15:30-16:30 LOCATION: BODENSEE II
The majority of identity and access management solutions tend to focus solely on corporate and enterprise specific use cases. This talk will describe how AOL evolved its IAM program to go well beyond the enterprise by leveraging industry standards to cover various business-to-business use cases and the initiatives implemented to ease adoption.
- Highlight B2E and B2B use cases
- How OIDC and OAuth2 were leveraged
- Initiatives developed to support adoption
Today we do have hundreds of IDP's around and most of them just support user-name and password. There are a view real big players like Facebook and Google, which support authentication as a service. Which simplifies the life of the user but gives even more power to this big guys.
In addition to build a semantic web (intelligent internet) we need a new solution. It is time to change the world. We need to have an identity layer on the internet and give back the ownership of the users data to the real owner: the user. This new approach could now be done with Blockchain or a new identity layer which just support this basic need.
The idea is the same as with blockchain but with much less overhead.
- New identity approach is needed for a semantic web
- The user should be in control of his data again
- Blockchain is great, but not the only way
- Registration fee:
- Contact person:
Mr. Levent Kara
+49 211 23707710
- May 09 - 12, 2017 Munich, Germany