Preconceptions of Risk
- TYPE: Combined Session DATE: Wednesday, May 06, 2015 TIME: 12:00-13:00 LOCATION: AUDITORIUM
Flushing Away Preconceptions of Risk
Risk is often seen as a dirty word in business. It is a thing that needs to be reduced to nothing, and has no possible good use in an organization, especially a security programme. This couldn’t be more wrong! Risk is an inherent part of any business, and yet it is often poorly recognized and leveraged in the security organisation.
In this presentation Thom will look at three areas of the risk conundrum to open the veil on the elusive art of understanding and ultimately measuring risk:
- The initial interpretation of risk and how it is often misunderstood.
- The measurement of risk, and how some systems work and other don’t.
- The effective treatment of risk, and how sometimes the obvious thing to do can be the wrong thing to do.
With the use of analogies and examples, the audience will appreciate that risk assessment, measurement and management is not always as straightforward as it might first seem. The audience will leave with a new appreciation of how risk can be leveraged for good, and not just perceived as bad.
- Registration fee:
- Contact person:
Mr. Levent Kara
+49 211 23707710
- May 05 - 08, 2015 Munich, Germany