Security in the Age of the Hybrid Multi Cloud Environment
- LANGUAGE: English DATE: Wednesday, July 03, 2019 TIME: 4:00pm CEST, 10:00am EDT, 7:00am PDT
How to Move Applications Into the Cloud Securely
The way is clear for the hybrid multi-cloud environment! With an increase in cloud services, the mitigation of cyber risks within such environments becomes paramount. The value of traditional security tools for cloud applications is very limited and the misconfiguration of cloud platforms is a key threat to their security.
Companies are faced with the nearly impossible task of having to maintain a corporate security baseline as well as central detection and reporting while using various onboard tools. Buying web access management and authentication as a service from a 3rd party can be the solution. Docker-based container services can help companies move web-applications into the cloud securely.
In this webinar you will learn:
- Why it makes sense to embrace containerization.
- How Enterprises should plan for a secure hybrid, multi-cloud environment.
- About the growing importance of data, cloud and the need for security.
- How crucial central detection and reporting capabilities are in the context of growing cybersecurity risks.
- Why application-centric deployment is needed to support agile development processes combined with DevOps approaches.
In the first part, KuppingerCole Analysts Advisor Richard Hill will talk about:
- The hybrid environment reality
- Why containerized deployments matter
- Web Access Management (WAM)
In the second part, Michael Liebi, Founder and CEO of United Security Providers will explain why companies seeking to move web-applications to the cloud should look for 3rd party providers.
- Consistent security policy across cloud and on-premises environments
- How to secure Webapplications in Docker/OpenShift environments
- Central detection and reporting in a hybrid multicloud environment
Stauffacherstrasse 65/15 • 3014 Bern • Switzerland
Phone: +41 31 959 02 02
United Security Providers is a leading specialist in information security. The Swiss company employees over 100 security professionals at its offices in Bern, Zurich, London and Minsk and operates its own 24/7 Security Operations Center.
With its solutions United Security Providers protects IT infrastructures and applications for companies with high demands on security. Its customers include blue-chip, generally international companies in the finance sector, government, healthcare and industry.
Globalization has given many companies the opportunity to run factories and other operations in various countries. In doing so, manufacturers are faced with challenging regulations they have to comply with and that may differ in the U.S., EMEA, Russia, China, and other countries. IAM is an essential element for operating business, when it comes to employees, business partners such as suppliers, and customers.
Blockchain is still on everyone’s lips and the 2019 can be the year when large enterprises finally embrace the distributed ledger technology. KuppingerCole's inaugural blockchain-themed event will go beyond the hype and will present you real use cases and applications for your enterprise. Blockchain Enterprise Days (#BeDays19) will take place on September 18-19, 2019 in Frankfurt, Germany.