Microsoft´s new "Geneva" Claims-based Access Platform
- LANGUAGE: English DATE: Friday, October 31, 2008 TIME: 8:30 AM PST / 11:30 AM EST / 4:30 PM CET
Microsoft has just announced the "Geneva" Claims-based Access Platform, a comprehensive, open and interoperable identity metasystem. Geneva simplifies user access and collaboration across traditional boundaries of the enterprise. It also seamlessly extends identity into cloud services and provides the identity fabric for the new Windows Azure framework. Kuppinger Cole Senior Analyst Felix Gaehtgens has all the details from this weeks Microsoft Professional Developer's Conference and will brief you on how this new identity platform, how it related to current technologies, and what you need to be aware of.
In this Webinar, Felix will introduce "Geneva" and provide answers to the following important questions:
- What is Microsoft Geneva Platform, and how is it relevant to my enterprise and applications?
- How does Geneva relate to other Microsoft Identity products and Active Directory?
- What are the drawbacks? Need I be concerned about a potential future "lock-in"? Are there privacy issues?
- How can I take most advantage of the new features touted by Geneva?
- How do LiveID, Geneva and Azure relate and what are the implications of LiveID?
Join this free Webinar to have KCP's Senior Analyst Felix Gaehtgens give you the straight talk on Geneva and separate the buzz from the FUD (fear, uncertaincy and doubt).
The upcoming General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) can be a major challenge for any organization established or just doing business in the European Union. Soon, failing to properly protect personal information of EU residents may lead to harsh financial penalties, so organizations are scrambling to understand the impact of GDPR on their processes, applications and systems and to adapt to the new requirements accordingly.
Managing customer information in a digitally transformed economy with numerous business partners demanding access is one of the most significant challenges today, and it will continue to evolve rapidly. Besides that, the challenge is to offer user-friendly login procedures via social media accounts, passwords or biometric devices while securing and respecting personal data at the same time CIW Europe is a joint Event with our Partner CXP (Le Groupe CXP, Paris, France).