Identity & Access Management (IAM) Essentials
All the Basics You Need to Understand About Identity and Access Management
In this KC Master Class you will get a deep understanding of the terms and concepts of Identity and Access Management (IAM). Our analysts will teach common use cases, the various types of technologies that are part of IAM, the interplay of IAM and other areas such as cybersecurity, IT Service Management, but also architecture and the organizational aspects such as policies, processes, and organization.
Identity and Access Management is changing a lot currently. Traditional approaches are increasingly reconsidered and cloud (first) strategies are leading to a shift from traditional, monolithic, on-premises IAM towards IDaaS (Identity as a Service), frequently with a set of more modular capabilities. Furthermore, IAM is crucial to meet regulatory requirements, to comply with standards such as ISO 270xx, and to mitigate cybersecurity risks, but also for improving business efficiency in onboarding employees, business partners, and customers.
Thus, understanding the elements of IAM and the concepts for today's and tomorrow's IAM is essential for investing the right way. In this KC Master Class, you learn what your team needs as a foundation for successfully evolving the corporate IAM.
With a comprehensive overview of the vendor landscape, you will be able to talk at eye-level with your peers and with your IAM suppliers.
Please note: This KC Master Class does not include any product-related training elements.
Terminology, concepts, technology overview
Core elements & new concepts – from traditional IAM to the IAM of the future
IAM architecture: From legacy IAM to the Identity Fabric
Policies, processes, organization: Making IAM work
Chapter #1 (Available from Mar 18, 2020) - Terminology, Concepts, Technology Overview
- Identity Management, Identity & Access Management, etc.: Defining and explaining terminology
- The big picture: Elements of IAM & the KuppingerCole IAM Reference Architecture
- How technologies work: Directories, Lifecycle Management, Access Governance & many more in a nutshell
- Trends in IAM: Which major trends to look at for your future-proof IAM
Chapter #2 (Available from April 15, 2020) - Core Elements & New Concepts – From Traditional IAM to the IAM of the Future
- IGA or Identity Lifecycles & Access Governance: Critical capabilities, deployment models, vendors
- Access Management & Federation: Critical capabilities, deployment models, vendors – for all, employees, partners, and customers
- PAM (Privileged Access Management): Critical capabilities, deployment models, vendors
- Non-human identities and RPA (Robotic Process Automation): IAM beyond employees, partners, and consumers
Invest approx. 32 hours of self-learning + 1.5 days in-class attendance (online webinar and Bootcamp will be made available as recordings) to become a "KC Master for IAM Essentials"