OIDF: Overview and Update of Key Internet Identity Protocols: OpenID Connect, Backplane and Account Chooser
- TYPE: Workshop DATE: May 14, 2013 TIME: 09:00-13:00
A high level overview of the protocol, and an explanation of why major technology companies have standardized on it including Google, Microsoft, Yahoo, etc. We will discuss how the functionality of OAuth 2.0 to create OpenID Connect. The session will also review the new Backplane Exchange and Account Chooser protocols and discuss the security problems of websites that run their own password based login systems.
- Don Thibeau, Executive Director OpenID Foundation, and Axel Nennker, DT, will provide an overview of the OpenId Foundation protocols.
- Mike Jones, Microsoft, and Nat Sakimura, NRI, will brief on the status of OpenID Connect Working Group.
- Greg Keegstra, JanRain, will brief on the status of Backplane Working Group.
- Jonathan McPhie Google, will brief on the status of Account Chooser Working Group
One Microsoft Way • WA 98052-6 Redmond
Continuing Education Credits
After attending this block you will be able to:
- Define the current markets where identity data is kept and describe their market potential.
- Describe current state of the open identity data market.
- Explain the benefits that information sharing through listings, directories, registries, and exchanges have on emerging markets.
- Define the benefits an information sharing registry would have on the open identity data market.
Completion of the workshop qualifies for 4 Group Learning based CPEs
Advance Preparation: None
Learning Level: Intermediate
Field: Computer Science
KuppingerCole is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State Boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credits. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry through its website: www.learningmarket.org
For more information regarding administrative policies such as complaint and refund, please contact Mr. Levent Kara at our office's telephone +49 211 23707710, email: email@example.com