- TYPE: Workshop DATE: May 14, 2013 TIME: 9:00-13:00
Implementing Privacy by Design: Building Data Privacy into Applications to Meet Regulatory Requirements and Consumer Confidence. Workshop attendees will learn about “Privacy by Design” and a new Use Case template/tool, based on the OASIS PMRM committee specification and developed to help stakeholders understand the privacy elements and risks in new and existing business applications.
“Privacy by Design” has gained international significance and is now incorporated into the Draft EU Data Privacy Regulation. But meeting regulatory and business privacy mandates will require standards-based tools to enable implementers to progress from PbD principles into real-world applications.
This workshop builds on the work of two related OASIS technical committees: the Privacy Management and Reference Model and Methodology (PMRM) TC and the Privacy by Design for Software Engineers (PbD-SE) TC. It will introduce workshop attendees to the PbD principles, and also give attendees a valuable analytic template/tool that can jump-start the use case analysis critical to actually implementing Privacy by Design in applications.
The workshop will:
- Include a welcome and overview of Privacy by Design by its developer, Dr. Ann Cavoukian
- Provide an explanation of the newly-adopted OASIS PMRM specification and its novel use-case methodology and offer an introduction to the work of the new OASIS PbD-SE Technical Committee
- Share with attendees a new template/tool, based on the PMRM, designed to initiate development of a privacy Use Case analysis
- Work through an exemplar Use Case using the template
- Develop additional use cases with workshop attendees
Continuing Education Credits
After attending this workshop, you will be able to:
- List the 7 Foundational Principles of Privacy by Design and understand its motivation and benefits
- Understand the business and technical challenges to Privacy by Design implementation
- Have knowledge of two standards development efforts underway in OASIS to support implementation – the Privacy by Design for Software Engineers (PbD-SE) and the Privacy Management Reference Model and Methodology (PMRM) Technical Committees
- Understand key elements of the PMRM and how to utilize them in building a Privacy by Design plan for their organization
- Use a PbD Use Case Template built on the PMRM methodology
- Initiate in their organizations the use case analysis critical to actually implementing Privacy by Design in applications with knowledge gained by working through use cases during the workshop
Completion of the workshop qualifies for 4 Group Learning based CPEs.
Advance Preparation: None
Learning Level: Intermediate
Field: Computer Science
KuppingerCole is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State Boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credits. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry through its website: www.learningmarket.org
For more information regarding administrative policies such as complaint and refund, please contact Mr. Levent Kara at our office's telephone +49 211 23707710, email: email@example.com