A review of the Status of Key Internet Identity Protocols OpenID Connect, OAuth 2.0 and Account Chooser
- TYPE: Workshop DATE: April 17, 2012 TIME: 09:00 - 11:00
A high level overview of the protocol, and an explanation of why major technology companies have standardized on it including Google, Microsoft, Facebook, Yahoo, etc. We will also discuss how the functionality of the OpenID v2 protocol has been reimplemented on top of OAuth to create OpenID Connect. The session will also review the new Account Chooser protocol and discuss the security problems of websites that run their own password based login systems.
Continuing Education Credits
After attending this workshop you will be able to:
- Describe the functionality of OpenID Connect and how is has been implemented.
- Explain why companies have standardized on the standard internet identity protocols.
- Describe the new Account Chooser protocol.
- List the security problems of websites using their own password based login systems.
This Workshop qualifies for 2 Group Learning based CPEs
Learning level: Overview
KuppingerCole is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State Boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credits. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry through its website: www.learningmarket.org
For more information regarding administrative policies such as complaint and refund, please contact Mr. Levent Kara at our office's telephone +49 211 23707710, email: email@example.com
- Contact person:
Mr. Levent Kara
+49 211 23707710
- Apr 17, 2012 09:00 - 11:00
The A review of the Status of Key Internet Identity Protocols OpenID Connect, OAuth 2.0 and Account Chooser is proud to present our partners